D&AD Annual

The 2009 D&AD Annual was unveiled yesterday, and I have to say I think it looks rather good. The book is designed by recent graduate Luke Sanders, and art directed by the famous Peter Saville. The book is split into four categories: Advertising, Design, Crafts and Digital. Each section is separated by a fold out cover, which gives the the appearance of having four book spines within the pages of the book itself.






Images from Creative Review

But why no D&AD Student Annual? When I found out my work had received 'In-Book' status I couldn't wait to get my hands on the book, only to be hugely disappointed when I found out that for the first time ever, there is no Student Annual this year, with it being moved entirely online instead.

With D&AD putting so much emphasis on the importance of nuturing young talent (the Annual itself was designed by a recent graduate!) why do us successful students not deserve an Annual of our own? Bring it back D&AD!

For a full read-up on the new Annual, head over to the Creative Review blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment