The Importance of Proof Reading

I wouldn't usually blog about something like this, but it put a smile on my face, so I thought I'd share it. If you too were lucky enough to get your hands on a copy of the Daily Express yesterday, then on page 40 you would have seen this headline:


Well, can he? The Daily Express, asking the important questions, as ever.

I can only assume that it is supposed to read "finally", and that someone at the Daily Express either made a rather extreme spelling error, or someone is perhaps leaving their job at the paper and wanted to go out with a bang.

I was surprised though that nobody had proof read the article and noticed the mistake, is it common in journalism for something to go to print without being checked first?

1 comments:

skd said...

I do wonder if anyone got into trouble for this or maybe it was a practical joke. To be honest it's quite funny, but I do agree with you why wouldn't something like a massive headline in a newspaper not be proof read first? Maybe someone was having a long day and overlooked it, a mistake that really shouldn't be made in this industry.

Post a Comment